Friday, September 26, 2008

Scene from 1166 6th Ave. 15th floor / Marsh


You want revenue projections?

I think I'm entitled to them.


You want revenue projections?!


I want the truth.


You can't handle the truth!
Son, we live in a world that has numbers. And those numbers have to be analyzed by men with pivot tables. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Associate Media Planner Michael Steinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Q4 inventory constraints and you curse the atlas third party discrepancy. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: That Macy's underdelivery, while tragic, probably saved revenue. And my spreadsheets, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, save revenue. You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in PeopleSoft. You need me in PeopleSoft. We use words like seasonality, v-look up, and net effective CPM...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent calculating something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very data I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide them. I'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you open up Excel and build a macro. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to.

Did you overforecast August pageviews to the video console?


I did my job I'd do it again.

Did you overforecast August pageviews to the video console?

You're goddamn right I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment