Friday, April 11, 2008

Thinkvoice vs. Cutsmeoff / Pumpernickel


Saul Thinkvoice walks into the elevator. “Walking into elevator”, he declares. A minute later he’s walking down the hallway to his office. “Gonna turn on my computer and check my email in a minute or so”, he states to no one in particular. Sitting at his desk Saul yells, “turning on computer!”

Meanwhile April Hambersheen is attempting small talk with Charles Cutsmeoff in the break room.

“So last night I was- ”
“At a demolition derby?”
“No. Watching television Have you ever seen-”
“A hummingbird eat a pork chop?”
“No. The show, ‘Wife Swap’. The one family dedicated their whole life to-”
“Stacking empty milk cartons.”
“No. Being Magicians. Their oldest-“
“Tennis Ball?”

April storms out break room, forgetting to add Splenda to her coffee.

Saul Thinkvoice is Charles Cutsmeoff’s boss. Saul has a big presentation today and needs Charles’ help pulling some information together.

“I’m going to need that interrupting bastard’s help today if I’m ever going to pull this off”, says Saul.

Charles overhears his boss’s thoughts (as he often does) and takes it as a signal that he’s needed in Saul’s office.

Saul sees Charles approaching and says, “There, I see him walking over here right now so I’ll take this opportunity to ask him if he wouldn’t mind heading to the 17th floor to retrieve the Pekensmythe file. Charles my good man, would you do me a favor and make a run to the 17th floor to retrieve the-“
“Tennis ball?”
“No. The-“
“Finger Puppets!”
“Dear Lord I don’t understand why this buffoon won’t allow me to finish a simple-“
“Cheeseburger?”
“PEKENSMYTHE FILE!! I need you to go to 17 and get the Pekensmythe file. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Now I’m wondering why he’s still standing there staring at me instead of trotting off to achieve the modest task that was just assigned. Furthermore I wish I had the capacity to refrain from speaking my thoughts as it's only a matter of time before this interjecting-"
"Dope Fiend!"
"Son-of-a-"
"Circus Clown?"
"Motherf-"
"Frankenberry cereal. A delicious part of a well balanced breakfast."
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
"La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la" repeats Saul as he casually gets up from his chair, walks past Charles, and heads for the 17th floor himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment