Thursday, April 3, 2008

Junk Drawer / Wing nut


Looking in the junk drawer and what do I see?
Four dead batteries and a random key.
Sifting through the junk drawer in need of a stamp.
I come across the pull cord for a piece of shit lamp.
Open up the junk drawer and what do I spy?
Uncle Frank's reading glasses and Grandpa’s glass eye.
Poking through the junk drawer and what do you know;
There's an out-of-date menu from Hung King Lo.
Snooping through the junk drawer I what do I find?
Spare parts for a futon that used to be mine.
Pulling out the junk drawer jonesing for matches;
but I make due with a cuff link that always detaches.
I’m sifting through the junk drawer on the look out for string.
See a bag of old cabbage seeds I shoulda planted last spring.
I'm fed up with this junk drawer - what a pain in the ass.
I rip it out it's wall hole and dump it in the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment