Monday, April 7, 2008

Mistaken identity of biblical proportions / Kielbasa


January 27, 1996.
Two good friends on the classic road trip.
Off in the distance one sees a billboard. On it is a man with a beard. It's too far to make out who exactly it is but it appears to be Al Borland of 'Home Improvement' fame. As they get closer he notices writing along side of Al Borland but can't quite make it out. Seconds later the words come into view. It says, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. John 14:6" He laughs aloud to himself for nearly mistaking Jesus Christ for Al Borland.
"What's so funny?" says the other.
"Did you see that billboard we just passed?"
"Yeah. The way, truth, life one?"
"Right. For a minute there I thought it was a picture of Al Borland."
"Ha. . . . . . . It was Paul Bunyan, right?"

3 comments:

  1. While some prefer pivot tables, I prefer the old data sort and vlookup function. It may be archaic, but it's straightforward and easy to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. csm I respectfully yet vehemently disagree. Pivot tables will change your life. Next time our paths cross all I need is 5 minutes in front of a computer to change your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last time somebody promised me that, I woke up in a bathtup full of ice, or a bathtub full of blood and I was missing something. Ah, fuck, I forget how the story goes.

    ReplyDelete