Thursday, December 4, 2008

When I feel like a new yorker / Radish


Every time I cross the street despite the don't walk sign when other people are waiting .

When I pretend not to be flustered when an inaudible announcement is made over the P.A. system of the subway.

When I call pizza 'pie' while ordering it over the phone.

When I argue with cab drivers.

Each time I explain the whole "selling candy to pay for basketball jerseys" scam.

When I pretended not to care that one time I saw Martha Plimpton on the subway.

Each time I order "one with everything" from the guy in the falafel cart.

When things are slow at work on Jewish holidays.

Every time I walk through my bedroom to get from my living room to my kitchen.

When I have to explain the giant inflatable rat on the sidewalk.

When I bitch about Ernie Anastos.

When I pretend not to get freaked out by the type of food they sell in buckets in Chinatown.

Each time I ignore the man wearing the garbage bag.

When I pay my kid's nanny in cash.

When the crazy man asks me if I've found Jesus and I reply to him with sincerity, "I think I just saw him a few blocks back that way."

No comments:

Post a Comment