Friday, December 26, 2008

Prepared statement / Rudder

Good evening.
It is with a heavy heart and a shamed soul that I stand before you tonight. I'm neither proud of what I've done nor do I find my actions acceptable by any stretch of the means. With that said I'd like to take this opportunity to attempt to set the record straight, even if by doing so I sacrifice the dignity of myself and my family.
Fact is, I will carry with me the events of December 23rd for the rest of my days. Of that much I'm certain. All I can do is hope that my actions in the coming days, months, and years can help restore some of the faith and confidence that my peers once bestowed.
I realize that being a member of AcmeCorp Publishing is a privilege - a privilege that carries with it certain expectations and responsibilities. I've failed to live up to those expectations and have not fallen through on the responsibilities and for that I am deeply sorry.
But with this apology comes a realization that no man is infallible. We all make mistakes. I say this not as an excuse, but as a simple reminder and an appeal for forgiveness.
I hold no ill will toward Mr. Litchkin. In fact, until earlier today I'd never met, nor spoken to him. The email in question was one personal in nature and not intended for the audience it reached. I spoke to Gregory a few hours ago and expressed my regret and apologized profusely. We've come to a mutual understanding and I feel confident we can move forward in our relationship as professional colleagues.
On a personal note I implore you to give my family the space and respect that they deserve. They've done nothing wrong. They did not accidentally hit the 'reply all' button on Gregory Litchkin's farewell email. They did not state that they'd be surprised if more than two people showed up at O'Hallahans for drinks to see him off and wish him good luck on his future endeavors. They did not fail to understand how the process of retracting an email works and, as a desperate alternative, hastily unplug the computer and attempt to toss it out the window.
I did.
I will not be taking any questions.
Thank you and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment