Monday, December 22, 2008

Gary, the guy with great long-term, below average medium-term, and terrible short-term memory / Rotunda

Hi there!
My name's Gary.
Who might you be?
Tim, of course.  I remember you now.  We work together.  My name is Gary.
I see.
We've been talking for quite some time then?
I'm sorry.  I seemed to have forgotten what we we're talking about.
Birthdays you say?  Wonderful!
On my 5th birthday the girl I had a crush on showed up to my birthday party with a black eye.  She said she had fallen off her bike but I suspect to this day that Jennifer Turner socked her in the face when fighting for my affection in the school parking lot two weeks prior.  Either way both girls gave me Storm Shadow action figures, my favorite G.I. Joe character.  Awkward to say the least.  Add to that the fact that my mother embarrassed me by making me a Cookie Monster birthday cake when I specifically asked for one with a ninja.  Needless to say neither girl ever spoke to me, or each other, ever again.
I'll never forget it.
Oh, I didn't realize.
Well happy birthday to you, Tom.
Right, Tim.  So sorry.
My birthday is October 7th.  Was born at 9:34 pm.  A product of a 11 and a half hour labor if memory serves me correctly.
When, may I ask, is your birthday?
Today?  Well happy birthday!
I must say, this place looks quite a bit like my co-worker's apartment.  Have you ever met Tim Snetting?
How embarrassing.  Of course, you're Tim.
Great music, by the way.
Young MC.  "Bust a Move", if I'm not mistaken.
"Your best friend Harry, has a bother Larry.  In five days from now he's gonna marry.  He's hoping you can make there if you can, cuz in the ceremony you'll be the best man.  You say 'neato', check your libido, and roll to the church in your new tuxedo."
Yep.  .  .  .  great fuckin' song.
In fact, it was this song that was playing the first time I got laid.  Her name was Susan Stalmyer and she was wearing a purple bra that I couldn't unlatch for the life of me.  She ended up keeping it on the whole time which was OK with me because she didn't have that big of breasts anyway.  'A' cups.  Anyway, long story long, I blew my load right after Young MC says "she thinks you're kinda cute so she winks back.  Now you're feelin' really fine because the girl is stacked."
Susan Stalmyer did not have that big of breasts, however. 
'A' cup.
Hello there!
My name's Gary.
I don't believe we've met?  No wait.  .  .  .  .  
Todd, right?
Shit.  Tim, of course.
So what line of work are you in, Tony?
Or is it Ted?
Hello there!
The Magna Carta was issued in 1215.
Roy G. Biv is a great way to remember the colors of the rainbow.
So where's the birthday boy?
Hello there!
My name is Gary.

No comments:

Post a Comment