Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The 'Great' Karldini manages to work his profession into eight unrelated conversations at a party / Vortex

"You look familiar. Do you hang out at Ozzie's coffee shop on 10th street? Hmmm. Do you work out at Gusto's? No? You weren't a contestant on some reality show were you? Just kidding. Ha Ha. Wait, I've got it. Have I ever sawed you in half?"

"I'm against the war but still support the troops, you know? I just think there's better ways to spend the country's money, especially considering the current economic situation. It reminds me of the 'ole indian double-back swip-swop. Here I'll show you. Can I get you to hold this rope? Great. Now close your eyes and spin around 12 times."

"Have you tried the spinach dip? Did you like it? Great because I brought it. Yep. Compliments of yours truly. It's good, right? I know. Want to know my secret? Dill. Sure, just a little bit. I grow it myself in a little herb garden I keep in my room next to my magic wand. That's right, I said magic wand."

"No I haven't see it. Is it worth checking out? John Malkovich is in it right? I heard it's getting mixed reviews. What's it about again? Uh huh. Wait did you say? Levitation? Oh great depression. I thought you said levitation. Wanna see me levitate?"

"The time? It's quarter after ten. No problem. What, this watch? Yeah it's one of a kind. I like it because it's got the elastic type band. Those are hard to find. It also automatically updates during daylight savings which is pretty slick. The guy I get my sneeze powder from has one like it and when I saw his I know I had to get one. . . Yep, get's me a pretty sweet deal on sneeze powder. . ."

"Sorry I'm late. I got held up at dinner. The Blue Note Tavern. It was good - a little on the pricey side - but good. Have you been there? You should check it out sometime. I recommend the monk fish. It will blow your mind." [he then snaps his fingers and ignites a small amount of flammable substance that he placed on his fingertips]

"So have you finished your christmas shopping? Ugh what a nightmare, right? I knocked most of mine off last weekend. All I got left is my nephew, my grandma, and my beautiful assistant Trisha."

"God dammit!! Spilled red wine all over my slacks here. Just had these dry cleaned too. Oh well, first party foul of the night I guess. My dry cleaner is going to start to wonder what's wrong with me. Ha Ha. Hmmm? Oh, I say that because just last week I brought these same pants in covered with fake blood and dove shit. I'm a magician you see."

No comments:

Post a Comment