Friday, December 5, 2008

Thinkvoice vs. Futureman / Barnacle


Saul Thinkvoice walks into the elevator. “Walking into elevator”, he declares. A minute later he’s walking down the hallway to his office. “Gonna turn on my computer and check my email in a minute or so”, he states to no one in particular. Sitting at his desk Saul yells, “turning on computer!”

Ray Futureman hears Saul from the other side of the floor and teleports over to his desk using his interstellar being relocation device.

"Good morning Saul!"

"Jesus Christ!" Saul replies. "Why is it that this man constantly scares the shit out of me by suddenly appearing out of thin air in the middle my office using his cockamamie inventions that defy the very laws of physics that govern our universe?"

"I was just wondering if you were available to join me for some cyberburgers at sector 7 for lunch?"

"He then continues to use words and reference places that do not exist. I brought my own lunch today but thanks for asking."

"Very well then. I guess I'll be seeing you later today at the quantum-space budget meeting being held in the electronosphere cosmo-chamber."

Saul has an idea.

"I think I'll pretend that I'm late for a meeting or something just so I can get this whack-job out of my office and get on with my day. I'll simply stand up and grab this notebook and pen and tap my watch with my index finger. That should be enough in terms of non-verbal body language to convey the message that this conversation is over."

Saul then rises from his chair, grabs a notebook and pen, and proceeds to tap his index finger on the face of his watch as he makes his way to the door.

Ray, offended by the obvious slight, puts on his quasar helmet and fastens his thermal proton belt before raising his hands and beginning to spin at the speed of light. Soon the entire office building begins to levitate in a zero-gravity warp of time-space causing Saul to temporarily lose his balance and spill coffee on his new slacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment