Monday, December 29, 2008

The parking ticket / Macaroon


It’s too late.
I’ve already started writing the ticket.
There’s no turning back now.
I can’t.
Because if I stop writing mid-ticket the paper catches fire. It made of a special polymer fiber that’s activated by lack of pen pressure.
No, I’m kidding.
But seriously, if I stop writing mid-ticket a red light starts blinking in my supervisor’s fancy corner window office and I get a check mark on his big board. Three check marks on the big board and the Department of Transportation demotes me to manually spell-checking ‘Yield’ signs. Not fun.
No, you’re right. Kidding again. Nothing gets by you.
Nope.
No erasers.
This here is a ballpoint pen. A Bic ultra.
I didn’t realize they still made erasable pens. I’ll mention it at the next meeting.
No, you’re right. I won’t.
We actually don’t have meetings.
Again, you got me.
For a guy unable to properly decipher the language on a simple parking sign you’re pretty sharp.
Good question. Allow me to address.
Moving your car now, while addressing the problem and adequately correcting the infraction, does not change the fact that I’ve already started writing the ticket.
No I will not look you in the eye.
Why not? Because I’m in the process of applying ink on paper and I cannot stop.
We’ve discussed this.
It goes beyond simple protocol, you know.
Stopping writing mid-ticket is dangerous.
Sort of like stopping peeing mid-stream.
I could damage my urinal tract.
Anyways I’m finished now.
So now it’s entirely too late because the ticket is finished and ready to be presented.
So even if I were able to stop writing a ticket after I’ve started, which I can by the way, it’s too late now because the ticket is finished, carbon copy and all.
So here you go.
Stay in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment