Monday, October 6, 2008

Writhing amongst the peppers / Double-u


Oh my God is that Ms. Cummings?
I think it is.
She looks so different.
Sweatpants, flip-flops, and sunglasses.
Should I go say hi?
Why would I do that?
There’s no way I’m going up to her.
She’ll want to know what I’m up to, what I’m shopping for, where my mom is.
Last thing I need is a lecture from her on a Saturday.
Probably mention it to the whole class on Monday.
How she ran into me at the grocery store and we had a lovely chat or something.
Derrick and Chris would give me crap all week.
I’ll just keep my distance.
Shit, I think she saw me.
Better duck behind these cases of soda.
Wait a minute.
Why is her cart filled with green peppers?
Who would ever need that many green peppers?
Maybe it’s part of some school project or something.
That’s weird.
I don’t think you’re supposed to eat the vegetable before paying for them.
She just ate a whole green pepper!
Seeds, stem and all.
There goes another one!
Holy shit.
She just dumped the whole cart onto the floor.
Green peppers all over the place.
Here comes the manager.
She’s tearing off all her clothes.
This is awesome!
Ms. Cummings, naked, frantically pulling the remaining green peppers from the display, adding them to her pile of the floor.
There goes the manager.
What is she doing now?
Rolling around in her pile of green peppers like some nut job.
Writhing.
Screaming.
Something about the revolution,
Something else about 69 cents a pound.
Here come the cops.
Oh oh. She’s going to start tossing them.
Duck!
Jesus Christ, gunfire!!
Ms. Cummings just took two in the chest!
I’m outta here.
Probably no school on Monday.
Wait till I call Derrick and Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment