Thursday, October 16, 2008

Recent cases of deja vu / Nomad



I was taking a shower when I thought I heard a radio playing the "If you like Pina Coladas" song from somewhere outside the bathroom and I had this weird feeling that it had all happened before.

The man on the television told me I needed to own a car brush that shoots soap and water as I struggled over the kitchen sink trying to clean dried pasta off a wire mesh colander and I had this weird feeling that it had all happened before.

I was almost hit by a bus on 57th street when I temporarily wasn't paying attention due to a passerby explaining what she believed to be the proper rules to capture the flag and I had this weird feeling that it had all happened before.

As I was eating corn on the cob I mistakenly think I heard my wife say tailspin instead of mail bin and I briefly reminisced about the cartoon called Tailspin where the bear flies the sea plane I had this weird feeling that it had all happened before.

While I know he was saying something about a major plot hole in the movie Mrs. Doubtfire, I had to ask Lester to repeat himself because I couldn't hear him over a nearby space shuttle launch and I had this weird feeling that it had all happened before.

Was watching a television show about submarines when my phone rang and the guy on the other line said "check out channel 37" just as a rock crashed through the window that had the words "don't change that channel" painted on it and I had this weird feeling that it had all happened before.

I was choking Dr. Namlord, the evil sultan of Broken Skull Tires & Mufflers, when a half wolverine / half ostrich type creature tapped me on the shoulder and offered me a gorgonzola stuffed fig with a balsamic reduction and I had this weird feeling that it had all happened before.

No comments:

Post a Comment