Friday, October 3, 2008

An incredible waste of time / Cauldron


I video conference Neil who takes a picture of my face on his computer screen using a digital camera. Then Neil prints out the picture and holds it up to the computer screen so I can see it through the web cam. Then I take a screenshot of the image of Neil holding up the picture to the web cam and email the screenshot to myself. I then open the email and print it. Next I take a picture of the image I've printed using my digital camera. The memory card is ejected from the camera and taken to the nearest store with a photograph purchasing kiosk. I load the card into the kiosk and select the picture so that it appears on the kiosk screen. Next I take out a piece of blank paper and places it over the kiosk screen so that I can trace the image of the picture using a pencil. On the back of the piece of paper I write:

"This is a crude drawing of a picture from my camera of an email that had a picture of a screenshot of a photo of a printed photograph of me on a computer screen. Neil helped."

The piece of paper is folded up and placed in an envelope. Finally I seal the envelope and write "open when I'm dead" on the back.

I carry the envelope in my back pocket wherever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment