Thursday, October 23, 2008

Change / Millet


Got any change?
Change.
You know, like coins.
Yes. Currency. What did you think I meant?
Oh. I see. Like ‘change’ in the action sense of the word?
Ha ha ha ha!
No, no, it’s not a problem.
Common mistake.
Nope. I was actually looking for quarters, dimes, and the like.
Yep. Anything that would fall under the category of spare.
. . . . . .
But now that you mention it, I suppose I could use that kind of change as well.
Know what I mean?
Seeing as my day-to-day consists of nothing more than sitting here on an empty nectarine crate, hassling ATM users.
I guess a little unexpected misdirection in the life department for yours truly could be just the thing.
Glad you brought it up.
Hey. Since we're on the topic, I don’t suppose you have anything like that jingling in your pocket, do you?
OK.
I see.
That makes sense.
Uh huh.
Never thought of it like that.
Right.
You bring up a valid point there.
Sure, but -
Yeah.
Again, I concede that you're on to something.
OK but -
If you don't -
Not to -
Listen! Don't mean to cut you off. While your suggestions regarding alterations to my lifestyle and overall outlook on life are novel and would undoubtedly plant the seeds of emotional growth and financial progress, I can't help but think I'd be better served stabbing you with this rusty screwdriver and stealing your coat and shoes. . . . and your spare change, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment