Friday, June 6, 2008

Thinkvoice vs. Wrongphrase / Wisk


Saul Thinkvoice walks into the elevator. “Walking into elevator”, he declares. A minute later he’s walking down the hallway to his office. “Gonna turn on my computer and check my email in a minute or so”, he states to no one in particular. Sitting at his desk Saul yells, “turning on computer!”

Daniel Wrongphrase can hear Saul from the break room. He motions his head in Saul's direction, acknowledging his coworker's annoying habit of speaking his thoughts and tells Samantha Dooley, "It's like they always say,'six of one, half dozen of the other'."
Samantha smiles and pretends to understand as she stirs her coffee.

Back in his office, Daniel types up and sends the following email.

Saul-

Per yesterday's meeting with corporate you and I need to 'stitch in time saves nine' if you know what I mean. Let's plan on working over lunch today with the hope that we can 'count our chickens before they're hatched' by EOD. I'll swing by beforehand. If there's time to spare maybe we can even 'all's well that ends well' if you catch my drift.

Hell in a handbasket-

D. Wrongphrase


Seconds later familiar words can heard bellowing from Saul Thinkvoice's office. "Just got a new email here! It's from that undecipherable lunatic down the hall. Opening up the email! . . . . Very confusing as usual."
Just as he was about to formulate a reply his phone rings.
"Phone's ringing! Picking it up now! Hello this is Saul Thinkvoice!"

"Hey Saul. Listen. I just sent you an email and I realize now that it may have come across as a little 'there's more than one way to skin cat'. You know what I'm saying?"
"I hate speaking on the phone with this retard because he makes no sense!"
"Ha. Good one buddy. Remind me to hear it through the grapevine next time you make lemons out of lemonade."
"I'm considering just hanging up and later claiming that there must be phone problems because other folks on this floor were abruptly losing their phone connections as well."
"In that case maybe lunch isn't a good idea after all. I've got a right mind to talk to Denise about your continual 'taking time to stop and smell the roses' so to speak. I'm a Senior Director of Accounting goddammit and I don't have time to 'still wet behind the-'"
Saul hangs up the phone.
"I wonder how many sick days I have left," he wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment