Thursday, February 14, 2008

Got a sec? (aka "Pinging Nathanial") / Kaleidoscope


Sure! Come on in! Have a seat. So what can I do for ya? Uh huh. . . Ok. . . I see. . . Listen. Don’t mean to interrupt but can you do me a favor and cut to the chase here? I’m a busy guy – got lots of folks with problems that need solving. So if you could stick to the nuts and bolts of the issue at hand the chances that I’ll be of immediate assistance increase by a factor of ten. So lay it on me sister. Oh, but before you do, I should apologize in advance if I have to leave you mid-sentence to attend to another, higher priority problem that requires my urgent attention. Unfortunately that’s been the nature of the beast as of late. You understand. But I digress. Talk to me. . . Uh huh. . . Dave from corporate? . . OK so what’s his beef? . . You mention it to Gloria? . . . And what was her slant on it? . . Ha! Typical. Listen pal - I’ve got a 10:30 on 19 so I gotta keep this brief but if you know what’s good for you you’d best take out a pen and jot this down. Hope you know shorthand because I’m only gonna say this once. . . Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam. . . You ever take Latin? Of course not. What in means is that it’s better to (phone rings). Christ. This is Tokyo. There’s a clusterfuck out east that apparently only I can untangle. We’ll have to pick this at a later time. Ping Nathanial on your way out to set something up. (picks up phone) Konichiwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment