Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ignorance is bliss / Quill


If I only had amnesia. I could forget everything and people would understand.

I could eat breakfast in my neighbors’ bathtub at 2 in the morning using a catcher’s mitt and a ping-pong paddle. And if they happened to walk in on me I could just be like, “Oh. I’m sorry. Is this not cool? I wouldn’t know. I’ve got amnesia.”

I think the hardest part about having amnesia would be deciding whether or not to believe everything people tell me. Because there’s a lot stuff in this world that’s pretty hard to comprehend.

Space shuttles, Michael Jackson, the pole vault, all pretty fucking unbelievable if you think about it.

I’d have to learn everything all over again like a kid. And like a kid I’m afraid that people would lie to me and tell me crazy things like “Santa Claus” comes at Christmas, the “Boogie Man” lives in my closet, and “Dinosaurs” once ruled the planet earth.

Stupid kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment