Friday, August 8, 2008

Digger / Trinket


Oh!
Hi neighbor.
Didn't see you up there.
Me?
Just doing some late night digging is all.
You been up there very long?
I ask because when I came out here I didn't notice anyone looking out the window.
Not that I was trying to remain unseen or anything.
But I was fairly certain the blinds were closed.
So.
Of course. The digging. Right.
Didn't mean to startle you.
Not that there's anything to be startled about. Perfectly normal.
I was just checking. . . the PH balance of the soil.
Been flirting with the idea of starting a garden so. . .
And I heard that the best time to check PH levels was late evening. . .
Which is why I'm back here digging.
So what's new with you?
What sack?
Oh this?
Umm. Testing equipment.
And soil samples.
Yep. Testing equipment and soil samples.
I guess you could say I have sort of a green thumb. Ha Ha.
Ahh hobbies. . . .
So.
You're just hanging out by the window, huh? Enjoying the view.
Beautiful night for it.
You got plans for later on?
Catch a movie? Go out for a drink? A long walk perhaps?
I see.
Tell you what, I think I just might finish planting these tomorrow.
Huh?
Right. Of course. Testing not planting. Nothing to plant or bury here.
Just doing some soil testing is all.
Yep. PH balance.
You know what they say. Too acidic and nothing will grow. Too basic and. . .
Well I'm going to head on in.
Ohhmf. Bags a little heavy.
No no no no I got it. No need for you to come all the way down here.
Lots of samples in here. Lots of equipment.
Yep I see it. It's OK, I think I'll just leave the shovel out here. Get it tomorrow.
And the axe.
Which was out here before by the way.
Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment