Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Brotherhood / Caboose


So there I was, drunk with a bed sheet over my head ready to force some kid I’d never met before play me in Nintendo Ice Hockey. In about 30 seconds he’d be led through the door and I’d greet him by taking a pull off of a bottle of Jim Beam through a hole I’d cut in the bed sheet for such a purpose. Then, using nothing but incomprehensible grunts and unclear hand signals, I’d instruct him to take a seat, pick up a controller, and choose a team. Exactly three minutes later Mark “The Munch” Browler would emerge from the bathroom, drunk and naked, screaming at the top of his lungs for no reason in particular.
Browler said “Good luck” before entering the bathroom and as I turned to acknowledge him I noticed he had used a magic marker to color the head of his penis green for some reason. I instinctively knew not to question it. I was sure it had something to do with brotherhood.
I heard 3 knocks on the door which was my cue to finished my beer, grab the bottle of Beam, and turn on the Marilyn Manson.
The door opened and the kid's eyes met mine. I realized then that joining that fraternity was somehow the dumbest and smartest thing I’d ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment