Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The new place / Clyde Tuggs

Joe: I love your new place.

Karen: Thanks. Would you like the grand tour?

Joe: Sure!

Karen: OK obviously this is the kitchen. I like it because it opens up into the living room and makes it feel more spacious. There was another apartment we were looking at on the 7th floor where the kitchen was on the opposite side when you walked in so everything was like reversed. We didn't like that as much because it felt more cramped in the entryway.

Joe: Uh huh.

Karen: So down this hallway there's a bathroom and laundry room to the right and the master bedroom on the left. The apartment we looked at on the 7th floor had the bathroom over at the end of the hall and the laundry room was. . . . Gregg, where was the laundry room in the apartment on the 7th floor?

Gregg: I think it was in the same place as here.

Karen: No, that can't be. That apartment was on the north side of the building so the laundry room couldn't be there because the wall would've been facing the hallway and there'd be no place for the pipes to run to. Also the master bedroom was on the opposite side of the hall and I distinctly remember the bathroom door right across from the bedroom door which means the laundry room had to be closer to the. . . I wonder if it was off of the kitchen somehow?

Joe: That's OK. I get the general idea. The apartment on the 7th floor was like this one but different in many ways.

Karen: Oh I remember! The laundry room was in that hallway but it was on the same side as the bedroom. That's one of the main reasons we didn't like that place. The opposite side of the hallway seemed just completely bare. I mean I guess you could fill it with pictures or something but it just seemed like waste of square footage if that makes any sense.

Joe: It does. Need any help with getting drinks or anything?

Karen: The one thing that apartment did have though that this one didn't was a larger closet in the bedroom, which would have been nice. Also the view was probably a little better because you were a few floors higher. Although I don't remember what you actually saw out those windows. Do you remember Gregg?

Gregg: I don't.

Karen: I suppose you could see park from there. Which would have been nice. But then again that apartment was quite a bit further down the hall. I can't imagine having to make that trek over and over again, day after day.

Joe: And now you don't. I brought some appetizers here we could put out.

Karen: I think the real deal breaker had to be the bedroom closet. In that apartment it was in the dumbest spot, right next to the bedroom bathroom. If you tried to open the closet and the bathroom at the same time the doors collided! Add to that the fact that the cable connection in the living room was on the opposite side of where the television would obviously go and I think the choice was obvious.

Joe: I don't know. Sounds like that apartment on the 7th floor was pretty sweet. Is it still on the market?

Karen: (a little confused) I imagine so.

Joe: Can you explain to me where the laundry room was again?

No comments:

Post a Comment