Monday, September 7, 2009

Per our conversation / Milo Something

Hi Rita-

Per our conversation, here is a email reconfirming the words we just exchanged a matter of seconds ago regarding my request for a report containing all 2008 data sorted by advertiser.

The words in this email convey no new information mind you, they simply reside in my "sent" folder to serve as evidence of the conversation we just had over the phone. The idea is that the very act of sending this note to you through cyberspace unwillingly enters you and I into an oral contract of sorts. The appearance of this message in your "inbox" is as good as your signature.

With that said, it's worth mentioning that I've taken great care in trying to eliminate any traces of what could be perceived as passive aggressive language on my part. For example, you see how I started with the word "Hi"? Previous versions did not include that word. I like to think that the simple addition of "Hi" conveys an aire of folksy banter that effectively masks any intention I have of getting you in trouble. Note that I didn't include my title in my signature. That was also intentional. I tend to think that signing off simply as "Chris" rather than "Christopher Paulson - Regional Sales Director" keeps things on the lighter side and reduces the chances of you correctly interpreting this email for what it truly is - an ingenious covert gesture to get the information I want in a timely manner due to the fear that I could later use this message against you as documented proof of our brief conversation we had regarding the aforementioned report request.

Thanks in advance! (the explanation point makes it seems like we're friends, doesn't it?)

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment