Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Man with gun screaming in general direction of adversary hiding in abandoned factory / Theodore Danson

I know you're in here, John. . . .

[looks underneath conveyor belt]

I have to give you credit. You almost pulled it off. A worthy fucking adversary to be certain but it looks like you've come up a bit short yet again, old friend. You see, the transmission you sent? Intercepted. I'm afraid Phillips doesn't know anything. In fact he thinks your dead. They all think you're dead. They all think you're dead and that you're to blame for everything. For the missing Rembrandt file, for the explosion on the yacht. . . . for Belinda's death.

[pulls aside plastic tarp - nothing but Styrofoam blocks]

Can you feel the walls closing in? Can you feel the final grains of sand sliding down through the hourglass, John? It's only a matter of time now. Your pitiful attempt at derailing my takeover of Techknob Industries has been thwarted. It looks like once again I managed to come out on top. So whadya say John- why don't you come out so we can have one last chat? For old times sake.

[peering into the rafters]

[cocks gun]

Oh John. John, John, John. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that there's still hope. That he doesn't know that the program has a flaw. That once activated, the new Rembrandt file will be missing the conductor code. That Jenkins never trusted me in the first place and he's sure to mention the missing conductor code to the board of trustees. That I'll be exposed. That the good guys will win in the end. Well, old chap, you should know more than anyone that I never take a seat at a table without a few aces up my sleeve. [checks behind steel drums] I know about the missing conductor codes. I know everything, you see. It's the same today as it was years ago at Oxford. You point out the faults in my theories and I point out the faults in your faults. The new program doesn't require conductor codes.

Jenkins saw to that.

[cocks gun (again)]

God rest his soul.

So, you see, there's no use in hiding. It's over. It’s too bad that you have to die. Really. We would've made a great team. We always did. I don’t’ want to kill you, John, but I have no other choice. You know too much. So let's settle this like men. Show yourself! I'll make it quick. It's the least I could do for an old friend.

[cell phone rings]

[answering] This better be important. We're supposed to keep these lines clear. Oh. . . Are you sure it's him? I assumed he was here. . . hiding somewhere. Where'd you find him? Christ . . . yeah just put him on.

Hello John? Simmons here.

[clears throat]

I have to give you credit. You almost pulled it off. A worthy fucking adversary to be certain but it looks like you've come up a bit short yet again, old friend. You see, the transmission you sent? Intercepted. I'm afraid Phillips . . . Hello? John? You still there?

No comments:

Post a Comment