Thursday, February 5, 2009

New slang / Perry Linkletter


For about 15 years I thought the phrase 'hanging a clock' was slang for taking a shit.  This small excerpt from a popular movie should explain where the confusion stemmed from.
________________________________________________

Marty: I'm telling the truth Doc. You gotta believe me.

Doc: So tell me Futureboy, who's president of the United States in 1985?

Marty: Ronald Reagan.

Doc: Ronald Reagan, the actor? Ha! Then who's vice president? Jerry lewis? I suppose Jane Wyman is the first lady.

Marty: Whoa wait Doc.

Doc: And Jack Benny is the secretary of the treasury. ah.

Marty: Doc, you gotta listen to me.

Doc: I've had enough practical jokes for one evening. Goodnight Futureboy.

Marty: No wait, Doc, the bruise, the bruise on your head, I know how that happened, you told me the whole story. You were standing on your toilet and you were hanging a clock, and you fell, and you hit your head on the sink, and that's when you came up with the idea for the flux capacitor, which makes time travel possible.

____________________________________________

Never did figure out how someone could fall off the toilet when taking a shit.  I guess I just figured elderly scientists did things differently when it came to bowel movements and everybody considered it common knowledge except for me.  You have to admit that if anyone was ever going to bang his skull when pinching a loaf it would be Christopher Lloyd.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment