Thursday, July 17, 2008

Today was a good day / Toadstool


Just waking up in the morning gotta thank God.
I don't know but today seems kinda odd.
No snoozing through the beep, good sleep;
Start a new day with the last complete.
Hit the shower up, new bar of soap;
Trim up the phat beard makin' sure that I look dope.
Egg 'n cheese sammy to go as I hit the door.
Picking up the paper, lookin' hardcore.
I gotta catch the train, gotta do it by 8:10;
and when I swipe the metro it doesn't say 'swipe again'.
Step in the train, nab a seat;
Get to my stop, crossword puzzle's complete.
Coffee stand's got no line.
Here comes that bitch Lynn but the elevator closes just in time.
Fire up Outlook and check my schedule, ya'll.
Only got one meeting and it be a conference call.
Get me on Excel and it's on, bro.
Last week fucked around and built a macro.
Refreshing pivot tables every god damn which way.
I can't believe, today was a good day.

Time for lunch and hit up the deli.
Didn't forget to add peanut butter to my jelly;
Cause just yesterday them fools tried screw me.
Bag of Ruffles and a Coke and I'm back to work, G.
Clock hits 2, head to the meeting room
'Mr. Zeroth I presume.'
Chumps whack with the phone, client's pissed, might explode.
What's the haps with the moderator code?
Blackberry, sort by date, look it up, dial it.
Typing in that meeting number;
With the star seven, seven four seven, eight then eleven;
Seven star and we good to go. We talked about cash flow.
Client blew his shorts, and I'm yellin' 'told you so'.
Plus ice cream cake in conference room A.
Today was a good day.

Left my 9-5 around 4.
Picked up some drinks from the lady at the drinky store.
Shit's plutonic. She had the gin, she had the tonic;
mix 'em up and it's symphonic. I fell on the big fat sofa;
Pulled out the remote, and let cable take over.
And my Tivo digs deep, so deep, so deep;
found an episode of Quantum Leap!
Hit 'play' to have a look-see.
it's the one where Sam switches bodies with a chimpanzee.
Time to eat but fridge is empty.
Made that call to Pita Power; lamb shawarma's crazy tasty.
Buzzer rings, Pita guy hands me my sack.
Gave the dude twenty and he gives me two tens back.
Today was like one of those cab rides;
where you hit every green or run every yellow light.
No to-do list that needs doin'.
Trash is out, dishes clean, no foolin'.
Even got an email from my man Brad Pitt;
And it said, 'Heard you were the shit'.
I'm pretty drunk, but my wife's not pissed.
Not that she's one to get mad.  .  . whatever - you get the gist.
Road House is on!  What more can I say?
I got to say it was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. "And my Tivo digs deep, so deep, so deep; found an episode of Quantum Leap!"

    you're killing me dude

    ReplyDelete