Thursday, July 3, 2008

Push the button / Hot dish



Why wouldn't I?

That's what it's there for after all. To be pushed. They don't make buttons that are meant not to be pushed. Of course some sort of label would be nice. Ideally something along the lines of "Sprinkler", "Smoke Screen", or "Trap Door". You know, something that really let's me know what I'm getting myself into. Hell, I'd even settle for a simple but all too vague "On" or "Off".

On the other hand it doesn't look like it's been pushed before. Still very shiny and new. If you were to put two buttons in front of me, one shiny and new and one old and worn, I'd sure feel more comfortable pushing the worn one. Then again if it wasn't meant to be pushed why would it be all out in the open like this? Aren't bad buttons typically found under tables or behind protective plastic casings?

The fact that it's blue sure doesn't help one way or the other. If it was green I'd push it no questions asked. If it was red, no way Jose. But I've seen blue buttons open doors for the handicapped and I've seen blue buttons chop the heads off of live cattle. Blue buttons sort of toe the proverbial line.

I figure worst case scenario I die instantly. That the button detonates the whole room or building or something. Or fills it with poison gas. Either way it should be quick and painless. I mean who's ever heard of a button that rips your fingernails out one by one, or smashes your kneecaps with a ball peen hammer, or ties your dick in a knot. That'd be just crazy. Uh uh. Safe to say that's not going to happen. On the flip side, best case scenario I strike it rich. It's no secret that certain buttons reward the pusher with large sums of money. Or wait! It could blast me off into space! Or it could slowly rotate the entire room so that I find myself on the other side of the wall surrounded by drunk and horny college coeds! Wouldn't that be something.

Even if it's not cash, a space trip, or girls it could very well lead to a jawbreaker, rub-on tattoo, or gumball. And that ain't half bad.

Well. Here goes nothing. . . or everything.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Huh. That was unexpected.

Now I suppose I should ring the bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment