Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Messing with Gil / Ghoul


Every time I break one of my fingers on a Monday I do my best to ignore the pain and resist medical attention. Then on Tuesday I stroll into the office and make a b line for Gil Flimwad's desk. I ask Gil if he had a good weekend and when he answers in the affirmative I offer my hand and say, "Well so did I tough guy! Whadya say you put 'er there for good measure?" Then I scream in pain, ask Gil why he's such a son of a bitch, and make him drive me to the hospital to put metal pins the finger he thinks he's broken again.

Gil only works on Tuesdays you see.  Part time.  He had a pretty bad staph infection last fall that knocked him out for a few weeks.  Had to be hospitalized, go on disability and the whole nine.  Scary stuff.  He just recently felt up to coming back to work but the insurance company will only let him come in one day per week seeing as he caught the staph infection at work when he cut his arm on the sharp edge of a dirty microwave in the break room.  Sort of a dicey situation.  Liability issues and such.  So that's why I ask him about the weekend on Tuesdays. Because I never see him on Mondays.  .  .  in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment