Saturday, November 28, 2009

Note you'll never find on the sidewalk / Judith Worbler

Diane-

We've been close for many years now - the bestest of friends. Through thick and thin we've found comfort in each other's words. That's something I'd never want to jeopardize yet at the same time I feel the time has come for me to lay it all on the line as they say. I'm hoping that today going forward we can start to find comfort in each other's arms.

The fact is, I'm in love with you. I have been ever since that night on the hovercraft. Do you remember?

I can only assume your first reaction is fear. Fear that now that this is out there things will never be the same between us. Fear that the next time we see each other you won't know how to react. Fear that you feel the same way. All I can say is that it's OK to be afraid. I'm afraid too. But behind that fear is hope. Hope that what the future holds for us is even greater than the past. Hope that my years of longing were not all for naught. Hope that you feel that same way. And that hope brings forth a feeling of excitement I cannot bare to contain. Excitement that our next meeting will only bring tears of joy. Excitement that the previous feelings of fear and hope were all worth it. Excitement that you might feel the same way.

If you feel the same way please place this note on or nearby some sewer grate near a highly trafficked sidewalk where it may get wet, torn, smudged, and stepped on. Leave it there so that someone might happen upon it, fish it out of the filth, read it, share it with friends and coworkers, mocking me over and over again.

That way I'll know you're mine forever.

Yours forever,

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment