Sunday, November 1, 2009

Daylight savings / Harold Ramis

OK so if at 2 am we gain an hour so that it's really 1 am but I don't change any of my clocks and instead sleep in an extra hour and go about my day an hour behind schedule knowing in the back of my mind that I'm actually right on time because there's that hour I'm saving in my back pocket I should be able to use that hour whenever I need to, right?

Right.

But . . . then I remember that I did the same thing back in March when we lost an hour and 2 am suddenly became 3 am except it wasn't exactly the same thing so much as it was the complete opposite because instead of having an extra hour I had one less so either way my clocks were already wrong and already an hour behind and I've simply been going about my days knowing that it's really an hour later than now which has come in pretty handy as I typically overcompensate and arrive over an hour early to meetings and appointments and the like.

So. . . now that I know this I'm not sure if I still have that hour in my back pocket to use at my discretion or do I really now have two hours to use or has this most recent clock change cancelled out all conscious time differentiations I may be harboring resulting in accurate clocks once again and a need to re-train myself to treat 7 o'clock like 7 o'clock instead of 8 o'clock because if I don't then I run the risk of either showing up to work 2 hours early or one hour ahead and I'm not sure which one.

No comments:

Post a Comment