Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hand, knee / Hershel Justice

when I need a spark in my life
something special just for me
I sit on the couch by my wife
and put my hand on her knee

not trying to get lucky
it's all innocent you see
there's no hankey or pankey
just a hand on a knee

she doesn't really get it
though I've been plain as can be
seems like such a good fit
my hand firmly on her knee

hold it there for a minute
maybe two if she agrees
be careful not to push it
just hold that hand on the knee

no words are exchanged
nor a glance from her to me
my fingers carefully arranged
one by one around her knee

a gesture simple and true
like a priest's guarantee
conformity's only cure
a quiet hand on a knee

the moment passes and is gone
back to our lives both we flee
but she knows it won't be long
I'll have my hand back on that knee

No comments:

Post a Comment