Sunday, August 8, 2010

Top ten ways I cheated death / Guy Effart

August 14, 2005:
Waiting for a subway at Spring Street, an A train speeds past as a complete stranger stands behind me who very easily could have pushed me onto the tracks moments before.

May 18, 2009:
Drilled a hole in the ceiling of my kitchen to hang a pot rack without first consulting the fuse box or checking for any sort of wiring that may be lurking above.

April 3, 1998:
While visiting a friend in Chicago I use his shower even though there is no non slip floor coating or mat in the tub and the nearby sick has relatively sharp edges.

December 22, 2002:
I board an aircraft that's about to travel 500 mph 30 thousand feet in the air without ever having spoken to the pilot regarding his/her training, mental state, or current sobriety.

February 8, 1978:
Tried to eat a whole grape.

July 4, 2001:
At a friend's barbecue when a bee landed on the paper plate near my left arm without me having any idea whether or not I'm one of those people that die real quick from bee stings.

October 18, 1997:
Had sex without some girl named either Andrea or Tamara or something.

August 8, 1995:
Drove a car over 50 miles per hour on a highway that allowed for traffic in both directions not knowing if any of the drivers of the the oncoming vehicles had a death wish.

November 12, 1994:
Went squirrel hunting with my Dad and uncle and was coaxed into carrying a shot gun without knowing how to properly carry it and without adequate footwear to navigate the woodsy, uneven terrain.

April 8, 2001:
Came home from work and noticed a strong gas smell coming from the kitchen but proceeded to take a nap anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment